17 Ways to Make Retail Operations More Efficient
Being a retail operations manager today is a lot more complex than it was 25 years ago. With e-commerce and Web integration becoming more important by the day, not to mention mobile interaction, you have a lot to think about. And it isn’t getting any easier.
ChainDrive has compiled 17 ways to make your retail operations more efficient. Try these solutions:
- Customer information capture – Make your point of sale operation pay for itself by getting the information you need to market your products to your customers better.
- Customer relationship management – Once you do have your customer’s information, you can get a better view of their buying habits and preferences.
- Get real-time customer and product data – Arm your employees with tablets and an app that will allow them to search for the information they need in real time for better customer service.
- Monitor store performance – Know what’s going on in every store in your chain.
- Make better purchasing decisions – Monitor product inventories and set rules for automated merchandise allocation and replenishment.
- Manage your products better – Know where your inventory is and what its status is.
- Maximize warehouse efficiency – Get your merchandise to the customer quicker, to each store more efficiently, and at a lower cost per unit.
- Manage prices – All year round, manage your prices by planning discounts and special promotions better.
- Sell through multiple online channels – Manage your online sales better with a Web integration solution that will help you make the best use of Amazon, eBay, and all of your online sales channels.
- Integrate e-commerce more effectively – Link your website’s front-end operations with your back-end operations for better e-commerce management.
- Maximize speed and efficiency on Web orders – Get the right tools to manage your website orders more efficiently.
- Plan your operations better – Manage your Open-to-Buy process better.
- Measure KPIs and set sales objectives – Store budgeting can be a nightmare, but it doesn’t have to be.
- Analyze metrics more effectively – Retail analytics allow you to get a bird’s eye view of your entire operation.
- Integrate your accounting processes – Analyze your financial situation more realistically with the right accounting tools.
- Mobile marketing – Reach the right customers at the right time on the right devices.
- Manage your wholesale operations better – From sales agent productivity to order monitoring, get better at managing your wholesale operations.
ChainDrive makes retail management more efficient. Learn more about each of these retail operations processes right now.