5 Features E-Commerce Requires For Profitability
The appeal of internet retailing is almost universal. For the shopper, there are world-wide options and no limits of time zone when it comes to finding the right product. For the retailer, being able to offer that product on a well-designed website means the sale is not lost after hours. But an e-commerce gateway to your retail business needs to have the right features in order to seamlessly link the web front end with everything that happens behind the scenes.
The Vital Link Between Webstore & Back Office
- Product & Price Management leveraging a centralized database so that stock status and price analysis are based on real-time information.
- Interface Capability enabling existing and third party sites to integrate with a free flow of data that is consistent and reliable.
- Customer Relationship Management providing insight into customer analytics by capturing information without alienating targeted market groups.
- Inventory Control monitoring in real time and tracking purchases, receipts, allocations, sales, transfers, in-transit, on-hands and related activity so that order fulfillment and shipping are facilitated from any location.
- Order Capture fulfilling every order from the shopping cart and confirming shipment for payment processing.
Each one of these features is a necessary link in the retail chain connecting the customer to the product the retailer is offering on the webstore. Each one of these features is part of the designed capability of ChainDrive’s E-Commerce Gateway. This is the tool that enables a website to be an accurate depiction of what is available to the customer and keeps the retailer from missing opportunities because of site inadequacies.
Profitability comes from efficient use of resources. The E-Commerce Gateway provides that efficiency by connecting back-office, distribution, and fulfillment with the website — enabling internet sales to be a profitable retail channel.