Are You Planning To Fail At Retail Budgeting?
There is an old saying that goes, “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” This is similar to the idea that failing to set a target or goal guarantees that you will not reach it. Without a way to identify success, it is impossible to encourage your staff to be successful. This is where ChainDrive’s Store Budgeting software can make the difference that keeps failure out of your plans.
Tools Designed For Retail Budgeting
Because ChainDrive is designed with the input of experienced retailers and customizable to fit the requests of retailers in unique circumstances, the Budgeting component has tools specifically geared toward the needs of this industry:
- Set targets for any timeline you select
- Choose and set the views for up to seven levels down to store
- Monitor performance for budgeted KPI’s
- Use historical data to aid in budget settings
- Simplifies the retail budgeting process
- Graph any selected data
- Built-in variance reporting
- Budget planning fully integrated to Point of Sale
- Select stores by district, area or type
- Rank stores against any set target
- Full copy-paste and undo-redo functionality
- “Annotate daily” events that provide information to evaluate store performance
These powerful tools enable you to accurately assess the past and present conditions of your retail business so that future goals are both realistic and optimistic.
The Power of Realistic Goals
Because ChainDrive uses a central database where all information is sent at the point of collection, historical comparisons and real-time status updates are simple. The integration of the system allows a comprehensive analysis that can be as wide or narrow as you need it to be. Therefore, goals that are set can be realistic ones that are within the ability of the one facing the challenge. Because it is possible, it is a powerful encouragement to staff.
The Incentive of Optimistic Goals
Every goal reached is an encouragement to keep striving. Optimistic goals, those that might be a little beyond what had been done before, create a vision for achievement. The tools in ChainDrive’s Retail Store Budgeting software let you combine the power of realistic goals and the incentive of optimistic goals so that instead of failure from lack of planning, you know where you are going and can see that you get there.