From Beginning to End, Manage Your Retail Chain
Do you know what makes ChainDrive unique among retail management software? It’s ability to manage your chain from beginning to end. That means, from the time you order your merchandise until the customer walks out the store with it (and even beyond that, to marketing to those customers in between visits), you can have a finger on every aspect of your retail business to help it run more efficiently and profitably.
How does that happen exactly?
Check out these powerful ChainDrive components:
- Planning (OTB) – As they say in the investment world, you make your money when you buy. It’s also true in retail. When you buy your product, that’s the moment you realize your profit. A good planning software helps you identify the most profitable opportunities and profit on those.
- Product Management – After you buy the product, you’ll have to manage its shelf life. That means controlling your inventory, allocating locations, managing replenishment, and setting prices.
- Warehouse Management – If your warehouse layout isn’t efficient, it doesn’t matter what else you do well, it will cut into your profits as warehouse personnel spend too much time searching for product and moving merchandise around too often.
- Store Budgeting – Every store in your chain should have its own budget. After all, they’re as unique as your employees are.
- Integrated Accounting – Someone has to count the beans. If you want your retail chain to be profitable, and if you want to save money without cutting corners, it is absolutely essential that you pay attention to how you count the money, but also the money that you count.
- Retail Analytics – You can’t change what you don’t measure.
- Point of Sale – This is where you capture critical information your customers so that you can better manage the sales process and assist each customer find the product that will make them the happiest.
- Web Order Fulfillment – Not only should you concern yourself with managing your brick-and-mortar checkout, but you should be deeply concerned with how your customers order from your website. This is one of the biggest drivers of commerce today, and that includes mobile integration.
- Customer Relationship Management – What you do with your customers after they leave your store says a lot about your retail chain management values.
ChainDrive also has operations management and wholesale operations components. If you want a solution that will manage your entire operations from beginning to end ChainDrive is your choice. Learn more about ChainDrive Retail Management Solutions right now.