5 Retail Markets That MUST Run Efficiently
Not to leave any retail sectors out – because in reality they should all run efficiently -but ChainDrive would like to discuss five specific types of retail stores that can benefit from a retail management solution to run more profitably and efficiently.
- Footwear – People who buy shoes are looking for specific styles, colors, sizes, and brand names. You need a solution that can organize your inventory and makes it easy to search, allocate, replenish, and move items based on those categories. Manage and track your products from store to store and from warehouse to store. Set your own rules and manage your operations from top to bottom.
- Apparel – Not only do apparel retailers have to appeal to customers based on style, size, and name brands, but clothing tends to be seasonal, as well. You need to manage your inventory from season to season, set prices and promotions easily. manage bins, and automatically replenish inventory based on point-of-sale transactions. ChainDrive makes all of that easy.
- Sporting Goods – Sporting good retail is a different kind of game. You have seasonal sports and different categories of sports (water, ball, team, etc.). Sporting goods inventory can be all over the court. You need a system that can manage your inventory by sport, season, name brand, position, sizes and colors, and category of sport. ChainDrive can help you run your sporting goods store intelligently.
- Jewelry – Jewelers have special needs that you don’t find with other types of retailers. For instance, appraisals. Not only can you manage your inventory by type, style, price, and brand of jewelry, but you can also manage appraisals more efficiently. If you buy jewelry, you’ll need a way to manage that process. From planning and buying to point of sale, you can manage every aspect of your jewelry business.
- Home Decor – Home decor customers are a different lot. Sizes are not as important as they are for footwear and apparel. However, people shop for home furniture for different rooms of the house. They also shop for items like sconces, wall decorations, curtain rods, organizing tools, and so much more. ChainDrive allows you to manage your customer relationships better as well as your inventory and merchandising procedures.
There is another type of retail store with special management needs. You could argue that department stores have more challenging management problems than all these other stores because they may carry each of these types of products, and more. You have to manage it all. And we can help you too.