10 E-commerce Functions Every E-tailer Needs
If you are trying to run an e-commerce store and maintain a profitable storefront, there are certain functions you’d expect your e-commerce solution to perform for you. These 10 functions are all wrapped into ChainDrive’s E-commerce Gateway. No matter what type of online retail store you run, you can bet that there’s a solution that does what you need it to do.
Here are 10 necessary e-commerce functions every e-tailer should consider important:
- Centralize management of production creation – We’re not talking about manufacturing here. We’re talking about managing products in the inventory. Every e-tailer needs a solution that allows you to create products you hold in inventory from one central dashboard.
- Change prices instantly – When you have a promotion or institute seasonal discounts, plan those better and set prices seamlessly.
- Monitor inventory in real-time – How much of each product do you have in stock? How many of each color, size, and unit is available for sale? You can monitor your inventory and know when to replenish stock in real-time.
- Track location and status of all merchandise – Know where your merchandise is at all time. Is it at the warehouse? In transit? At one store location? Between stores? Just sold? You can know in real-time.
- Set rules for Web order fraud – Know when fake orders are being made and establish rules for dealing with them.
- Capture and analyze customer information – The more you know about your customers, the better you can manage their needs and market your products. Segment your customers to better manage your specials and promotional opportunities.
- Manage order fulfillment better – Increase shipping speed and fulfill orders without delay.
- Get price management reports that tell you the whole story – Are your prices set correctly? Should you adjust them? Know what price is the optimal price for each product and when each item sells better.
- Analyze sales across channels – Are you selling more of one item through one sales channel and another through a separate channel? Know where to funnel your customers and your products.
- Third-party interface – Log into eBay, Amazon, and other third-party sites where your products are sold and manage your inventory and prices better.
If you are looking for an end-to-end solution that will help you manage your entire online retail operation, look not further. ChainDrive’s E-Commerce Gateway has the goods.