Be Where Customers Shop With Marketplace Integration
Today’s retail customer can shop in multiple marketplaces without leaving their seat. Any consumer with internet access is no longer limited by the constraints of store hours or geography. Even in the brick-and-mortar store aisle, a customer can be checking prices at a competitor’s site.
Because of this, retailers need to be equally versatile by being where the customer shops, wherever that may be. Web Marketplace Integration allows any retailer to offer their goods and promote their products in multiple web marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, Newegg, Rakuten, and more.
The Tools That Make Integration Happen
Being in multiple web marketplaces is beyond the reach of the retailer unless the right tools are put in place. Integrated retail management software has to have the tools that make integration happen in multiple channels and websites without compromising effective operations. These tools include:
- Product Information Management (PIM) — matching product attributes and characteristics to specific listing requirements of each Marketplace and vendor so that consistent, accurate product information is available at all times.
- Analytics and Reporting — assessing every Marketplace and listing down to the style, size, and/or color so that allocation and replenishment benefit from the transparency of inventory status.
- Order Management and Fulfillment — processing Marketplace orders quickly and accurately, controlling the entire order cycle from start to finish.
- Customer Relationship Management — gaining instant access to real-time customer data allows personalized offers and rewards, driving customer loyalty and retention while making smarter pricing and promotion decisions.
- Inventory Management — launching, tracking, and automating inventory across all Web Marketplaces with an integrated real-time inventory status eliminates the possibility of duplicates or overselling.
Software that does all these tasks is an essential asset for retailers seeking to be where the public shops online. Without an accurate, real-time integration of status in every channel and web marketplace, retailers risk making mistakes instead of making a profit. Professional software suites, like ChainDrive’s Web Marketplace Integration, provide the customized functionality and support necessary to make the transition to a multi-site presence online.
ChainDrive has developed an API linking their platform directly to the Web Marketplaces your customers frequent, creating an avenue for increased exposure and new customers. Synchronized, integrated information across every channel, from one end of the retail business to the other, expanded to the many opportunities of multiple Web Marketplaces increases profit and growth.
Be where they shop, wherever they shop, but be there with an efficient, integrated retail management solution that can handle the increasingly complicated reality of today’s marketplace.