How to Empower Your Retail Employees
If you want to motivate your employees to be more productive you’ve got to give them efficiency and communication tools. The simplest, most powerful way to do that is to integrate instant messaging into your POS system and operations solution.
There are several reasons retail employees like the ability to communicate instantly with each other and with their management team.
- For starters, with instant messaging integrated into your retail system, employees do not have to switch back and forth between applications. This saves them time and cuts down on frustration.
- They can respond to messages when it suits them. There are down times and busy times in every retail environment. Being able to manage their time between customers, merchandising, and responding to messages is paramount if they are to be productive and your retail chain is to be profitable.
- Managers can take advantage of roaming. As regional managers travel from store to store, they can be connected at all times, which helps them manage their time more effectively.
- It’s also mobile friendly, which means employees that are on the road or on the floor with a tablet can get their messages and read them and respond when it’s convenient for them.
- Employees can target the personnel they need to target and not the entire retail team. If a store manager needs to communicate with your warehouse manager, that can happen directly. No need to go through the regional manager or home office.
- Employees an also set their own channels that include those people in your company they communicate with most often. This saves time, increases efficiency, and makes your retail chain more profitable.
Your retail employees will feel empowered when they can communicate the way they like. ChainDrive’s Integrated Internal Messaging component does that. It will increase your retail operation’s overall efficiency and create more loyal, productive, and happy employees.