6 façons d’améliorer votre Point de vente
The point de vente is where you and your customer meet face to face. It’s where you interact the most with your customer, and in the most meaningful way. It’s also where you expect to capitalize on that transaction. It is directly involved in obtaining the revenues that sustain your business. You want it to be as optimized for performance as you can make it in order to profit. With that in mind, here are six ways to ensure your point of sale is the best it can be.
- Personalize it – You want each customer to know they are prized and respected. There’s no better way to show your customers how valued they are than to personalize their point-of-sale experience to meet their needs.
- Include real-time product look up – What happens when your customer can’t find what they want? They often ask for it at the point of sale. If your sales reps are on their toes, they’ll try to upsell. To be effective, they need to be able to look up products in real time to see if they are in stock and how many are available.
- Integrate debit and credit payment processors – Sure, there may be customers who prefer to pay in cash, but most people these days are carrying plastic. Integrate as many payment options into your point-of-sale interface as possible–online and in brick-and-mortar stores.
- Make your promotional rules transparent – This can often be done at the point of sale simply by letting customers know what you are using their information for. And when you collect personal information on your customers, use it only for what you tell them you will use it for–making their shopping experience more rewarding.
- Add support for gift certificates, gift cards, and registries – Encourage gift-giving. And add support for gift cards and certificate at the point of sale. If you add registry support, that will encourage gift giving year round and not just as Christmas. Another thing you can add support for at the point of sale is rewards cards. Show your loyalty to your customers and they will be loyal to you.
- Be detailed in your customer relationship management – It’s fine to collect information on your customers, but integrate that information into your back-end CRM solution so that you can have front-to-back-end operational management on every customer.
Make your point of sale pay for itself by using it as a robust customer service tool.