8 Tips For Integrating All Channels of Retail Footwear
Today’s footwear retailing has to be able to integrate all the potential channels a shopper will use to buy shoes, making a many-channeled experience unified and seamless. Here are some of the best practices for utilizing technology to integrate shoe shopping, in no particular order:
- Hold events that coordinate online and in-store, using live video chats with experts from shoe brands you carry mixed with clips on using those shoes in “real life” — running, playing specific sports, finding the right shoe, etc. Include live feed chats, social feeds, and online commerce sales incentives.
- Have a social media presence that includes staff responsible to answer questions immediately and interact with consumers positively. Encourage customers to share how they use your products and post pictures or videos with a “customer of the month” incentive.
- Enable your customers to buy shoes online, pick them up at the store and try them on, and return them if they don’t fit. This gives an opportunity to offer other options you have in stock or accessories that will enhance the purchase.
- Offer the ability to order from your online catalog at a dedicated shopping kiosk that is always connected and live. This gives customers a chance to try on shoes and order them in a different color, for instance.
- Equip your staff with mobile assistants that can provide similar services for those who would rather your staff do the online stuff.
- Set up video displays showing upcoming events, new product promotions, and helpful information.
- Offer discounts for preorders of new products if ordered through the store’s kiosk.
- Evaluate constantly from your customer’s perspective and adjust strategies accordingly.
Multi- or Omni-channel, the term doesn’t matter as much as the experience does. Integrating all the channels of footwear retailing means that there will be flexibility to adapt to the future growth and expectations of your customer. Utilizing an integrated retail management solution like ChainDrive for footwear provides complete access and control of your data so that your business meets your customers where they want to be shopping.