6 Ways Clienteling Boosts Sales
Clienteling is the process of getting to know your retail customers better so you can sell them more merchandise. The following six factors influence the process to boost sales and make it more profitable.
- User experience – Your retail employees should feel comfortable with your clienteling tools. If they are not, it will show and your customer relationships will suffer. Therefore, you should make sure your employees are trained properly on the tools you use for clienteling.
- Unified data – All customer relationship decisions should be based on clear and reliable data. If you integrate all data on your customers from every source, then your employees can have access to that data and act on it at any time during the sales process.
- Integrated with other solutions – Your clienteling tools must integrate easily with your point-of-sale system and other retail operations tools.
- Personalized customer experiences – Whether you interact with your customers in store, online, or through a mobile app, every encounter should be personalized based on the data you have collected on each customer.
- Cross-channel engagement– Good clienteling tools increases engagement with your customers across all channels. Real-time data on each customer means more information and the right information in the hands of every employee you have through all of your retail channels.
- Flexibility – The retail environment is constantly changing. Your clienteling tools need to adapt to the retail environment of tomorrow just as they adapted to the retail environment of today.
When your employees understand the clienteling tools you have in place and use them appropriately, you’ll have better customer relationships and sell more merchandise.