Creative and Personalized Clienteling
Clienteling is the art of building customer relationships that lead to profitable and efficient retailing. Effective clienteling requires the right tools that facilitate this relationship-building process. When you find those tools, you’ll discover that building solid and long-lasting customer relationships is just as easily done as said–if you follow these tips to understand your customers as individual shoppers.
- Know your customer in real time – True clienteling begins with knowing up-to-the-minute details about your customer. If a customer stops you on aisle 9 to ask you a question, your sales associate should be able to look the customer up on the spot and see that she purchased a product 5 minutes ago on her mobile phone. That’s real-time customer information.
- Capture data across multiple channels – Whether your customer is shopping in-store, on your website, through a mobile app, or through whatever technology happens to dominate a decade from now, you should be able to capture customer data and see that data on any interface.
- Generate customer profiles – With robust customer information, you should be able to profile your customers according to a number of criteria. See your customer profiles for demographics, geography, buying habits, and other details important to your retail operation.
- Create custom marketing campaigns – Customer marketing can be based on generated profiles or on individual characteristics. Want to send a mailer to all of your customers who have purchased a specific product in the last six months, you can do that when your clienteling is on top of its game.
- Promote customer loyalty – You should be able to use any channel for building customer loyalty programs. You can make those programs channel-specific or roll them out across multiple channels.
- Perform customer analysis – Analyzing your customer database should be easy and efficient. With the right clienteling tools, it will be.
Clienteling is all about knowing your customer. If you collect the data, you can analyze the data and organize it according to your retail needs. Make it easy on yourself and make your customer happy.