How to Keep a Customer Forever
Customer service is the most important part of your operations. If you don’t take care of your customers, they won’t take care of you. But to truly deliver world class customer service, you need a way to manage your customer relationships so that you always meet their needs and you reduce customer complaints to near zero. Here are some top tips on how to keep your customers happy so they keep coming back for more.
- Collect customer information often and accurately. By giving your employees the power to collect customer information anywhere in your store at any time during the sales process, you can make touch points with customer shorter and more meaningful. Empower your employees with mobile service inside the store.
- Analyze what your customers buy, how often, and in what quantities. Do this in real time with graphs that show you at a glance how customers are interacting with your stores, your employees, and your merchandise.
- Keep it personal. Customers like to interact with other humans during the buying process. Let all of your employees know as much about each customer as possible. This is 360-degree insight into customer buying and shopping habits. Maximize your order visibility, purchase history, and cross-sell opportunities for each customer for each employee.
- Think “omni-channel”. The best way to not lose a customer is to keep that customer tuned in, and to keep your staff tuned into that customer, across all channels. That includes your website and each brick-and-mortar store. You can drive sales by offering coupons and discounts based on which channel your customer prefers.
- Customize your marketing. Every customer is diffferent. If you are doing all of the above, then you can customize your marketing to each customer who walks in your door or who interacts with your website.
- Build Loyalty. Promote the best items to the customers who are looking for those items by offering loyalty discounts, gift cards, and exclusive offers.
When you know your customers on a deep level, you can meet all six of these values head on and keep your customers for life.