6 Things to Know About Integrated Messaging
Retailers with integrated messaging run a more efficient operation. They report that staff is better equipped to handle the pressures of retail store operations and that their stores are more profitable. There are more than a handful of good reasons why.
Here are six things internal messaging can improve your retail operation:
- Staff can email the specific individuals they need to make contact with on their own time – Store managers can message other store managers directly. Regional managers can message buyers directly, and vice-versa. Any member of your retail operation can contact any other member of your operation directly and conduct necessary business without a go-between.
- Messaging can take place through multiple channels – No longer are all employees stuck at the point-of-sale terminal. Regional managers travel, corporate executives attend conferences, and even store managers and their employees may be away from the POS and assisting customers within the store, or conducting necessary business in the back office. Warehouse workers could be anywhere in your warehouse. Effective and efficient communication must be facilitated through multiple channels.
- Includes roaming capability – More and more, retail professionals are on their smartphones and tablets. If one of your retail executives is traveling, your staff will need to reach them at the most inopportune times. That’s why roaming capability is very important.
- Read receipts – Read receipts allow staff to know at a glance that their messages have been received. No need to send continuous confirmations.
- Smart search functions – Smart search allows your team to find emails and other internal communications quickly. Quite wasting time looking for messages. Just type in a keyword and find what you are looking for quickly.
- Rich attachments – With ChainDrive integrated internal messaging, attachments become a cinch. They are unobtrusive and easy to work with. Your team can send attachments seamlessly and know they have reached their destination.
Integrated internal messaging makes retail efficient, effective, and profitable.