How to Improve Retail Internal Communications
Communicating with your retail staff should not be a chore. Whether you have one store or a chain of retail stores, you need to be able to communicate efficiently with all members of your team. Here’s how to improve your internal communications at your retail chain.
- First, integrate a messenger tool with your point-of-sale terminals and your back office applications to ensure that your retail store clerks and members of your corporate office can communicate effectively and efficiently. By integrating a messenger client with these systems, your staff do not have to exit the systems they use regularly to communicate important business concerns or switch back and forth between applications.
- Empower your workforce by engaging them in meaningful communication. A built-in messenger tool keeps all essential personnel connected and builds stronger relationships.
- Make your communications mobile friendly. This ensures that you are able to communicate with all employees at all times in real time. You can even reach your sales professionals when they are on the floor and away from the POS terminal.
- Create channels that allow you to segment your employee into specific audiences or communications streams. You can segment into specific stores, regions, management teams, and even departments.
- Target your messages easily to specific groups, stores, departments, or individuals within your retail organization.
- Set triggers that allow you to schedule messages when certain events occur. For instance, when you transfer merchandise from one store to another, a message can be sent automatically to notify the receiving store, or when a warehouse shipment is on the way to a specific store with special orders.
- Allow attachments with your messages. This ensures that employees receive important documents such as purchase orders, product information, receipts, and more.
- Notifications allow employees to know when they have new messages and read notifications let staff know when their messages have been read.
An internal messaging application allows your store staff to focus on customer service and provides accurate real-time information needed to put the customer first and make your retail operation profitable.