10 Retail Merchandising Tips To Keep In Mind
Merchandising is one of the basic skills that retailers need. ChainDrive’s Integrated Retail Management Solution Merchandising component gives you the tools to plan your merchandising strategies with the most effect. While you are planning your campaign, keep these tips in mind:
- plan according to your current inventory and customers
- establish a theme for the entire store; color, concept, etc.
- product displays should be clean and simple, not cluttered and overwhelming
- appealing displays should flow naturally through the store
- think “approachable,” engaging your customer from all angles of approach
- signage that makes sense and is current
- refresh displays regularly
- lighting from several angles adjusted for every new display
- get feedback from customers and change accordingly
- post hours clearly, along with a teaser to bring traffic inside
While these tips are universal, your retail business is specific. You need to be able to plan your merchandising with your specific inventory and customer base in mind, and that requires data from your own stores. Once you have the information, you need to be able to figure out what to do with it. This is where the right software with the right support system makes all the difference for any retailer who is serious about maximizing their potential across every aspect of their business.
ChainDrive has carefully crafted an integrated retail management solution that utilizes adaptable features to allow complete customization. Merchandising insights and strategies are accomplished with our leading-edge simulation, purchasing, allocation and replenishment methodologies. Explore the possibilities, then give us a call to discuss the potential for your enterprise. We have the ability to provide you with the solution to your retail management challenges.
Focus14 is coming up in one month! Are you joining us?