What To Look For In Mobile Assistant Software
The idea of equipping sales staff with a mobile assistant device is a good one if that device works the way it should and the staff members know how to use it. But a potentially good idea falls flat if these two aspects are missing. Mobile assistants need to have features that work. More importantly, they need to be in the hands of someone who is familiar with their features and convinced that the mobile assistant will be a valuable tool in their career.
Mobile Assistant Features
Every feature in ChainDrive’s Mobile Assistant software is designed to solve a problem that retailers have encountered during daily operations. How many of these standard features would solve a problem for you?
- Real-time chain-wide inventory visibility on item availability, size, and location
- Complete product description with image and price
- Instant product look-up by style, product code or description
- Item reserve at the customer’s desired location
- Item store transfer with email confirmation
- Instantly retrieve real-time detailed customer information
- Create, update or edit customer information on the spot
- Customer look-up gives complete results with address, email, phone
- Past purchase and returns history
- Smart search and filter capabilities
- Leverage purchase history to facilitate cross & upselling
Training Staff To Use A Mobile Assistant
It’s a good idea to begin staff training on new devices with an overview of why these devices have been deemed necessary. A review of past problems encountered is a perfect introduction to the way that a mobile assistant will provide the solution to that problem.
It’s also a good idea to provide enough role play opportunities on the device with the software so each staff member is able to encounter a variety of scenarios successfully. Most people need to play with a new device and software before becoming sufficiently familiar with its potential.
As various problems are solved during role play, confidence in the mobile assistant increases and staff will be eager to utilize this tool on the sales floor.