A Dozen Ways Mobile Marketing Works For Retailers
Mobile marketing has a lot of advantages. It is a great way to connect with customers if it’s done right, because the smartphone is increasingly an essential accessory for daily life. With the right mobile marketing software, retailers have at least a dozen ways to make those important connections:
- If it’s integrated to POS and CRM, no data is lost
- When it’s web-based, it’s easy to access
- If it’s not previously used, it’s a new channel to drive sales
- Easily send alerts and reminders of promotions
- Connect with new and existing customers where they are
- Opt-in marketing prevents customer irritation and increases database quickly
- Use SMS text messaging to instantly notify shoppers of special offers
- Virtual coupons/messages about store discounts can be sent to the phone
- Coupons and promotional barcodes are scanned at POS
- Buying patterns and trends can be captured for analysis
- Customer interaction with polls, surveys, contests, etc. is easy to encourage
- Campaigns can be customized for loyal shoppers
When a mobile marketing strategy is part of an integrated retail management solution like ChainDrive, the centralized database allows accurate analysis for planning. Customer relationship management is easier when the facts are at hand, and marketing can be crafted to be effective rather than intrusive.
Mobile Marketing can be an annoying intrusion or a welcome interaction for a consumer. The difference between the two is often the fine line of permission. Opt-in marketing stays on the right side of that fine line by accurately keeping track of customer preferences so that those who ask for special promotions get them. This turns the happy shopper into an advocate of loyalty programs, spreading the word that your mobile marketing is worth opting into.