How to Manage Your Department Store Efficiently
Efficiency and employee performance are the key to managing a profitable department store. To make that happen, you need a retail management solution that can keep up with all of your important processes and measure your key performance indicators. Here’s what you need at a minimum:
- A centralized database – Instead of a database for each of your departments, you need one central database. You can manage all of your inventory from that one database. It would be a nightmare to try to manage all of your inventory, and all of your customers, from multiple databases.
- Promotional rules manager – You’ll need a tool for managing promotions in each of your departments. Whether you run store-wide promotions or department-only promotions, an efficient tool to manage all promotions is essential.
- Clientieling with CRM – Integrate your CRM into your database to know more about each customer and how to meet each customer’s needs. Know their buying habits, when they shop, and their communication preferences.
- Track commissions – In retail, commissions can sometimes get complicated. Never lose a commission when you track every employee’s performance in real-time all day every day.
- Manage your inventory – Know how much product is on order, on your shelves, and in transit. Know the status of every piece of product the moment it enters your inventory.
There are three core components to managing a department store effectively: Managing employees, managing customers, and managing inventory. Get a handle on all three with the ChainDrive Department Store Retail Management Solution.