Why Your Jewelry Store is Dangling Like a Chain
Jewelry retail is a different kind of retail. Your business is different than other types of retail stores because your customers are looking at quality more than anything else. Jewelry is a luxury item. As such, your customers have a different set of expectations than the customer looking for a pair of shoes.
That said, if your jewelry story isn’t thriving or performing to your standards, there could be some definite reasons why. Consider these:
- You don’t allow custom orders – Why not give your customers the ability to get the jewelry they are looking for? Whether they want a broach, a wedding ring, a religious necklace, or something else, customer want their jewelry to be a reflection of who they are.
- You don’t offer warranties – People expect a high quality from their jewelry. If you don’t offer warranties, customers will go somewhere else.
- You don’t do appraisals – Jewelry is all about value. Provide your customers will appraisals of the jewelry they currently own. This will get them to your store to establish a relationship. Then you can sell them something else.
- You don’t do repairs – Let’s face it, jewelry is delicate. And the fact that it is valuable to start with makes repairs very important. If you want to take better care of your customers, offer to repair their jewelry whether they purchased it from you or not.
- You are disorganized – With so many moving parts, you need a way to manage your customer relationships. Whether a customer is purchasing new jewelry, getting old jewelry appraised or repaired, replacing an item, or simply window shopping, you need a way to manage very customer and every transaction.
Jewelry retail operations is a different animal. If you want to succeed, you’ve got to offer the right services and be able to manage them well.