Operations Management Needs A Stable Base
The nature of retail is changing. Along with added channels to keep track of, many business enterprises are expanding from retail into wholesale and warehouse operations. With all the potential available, operations managers need to be able to adjust to change quickly and efficiently. That requires a stable base to work from.
The Stability of ChainDrive Means Success
ChainDrive Operations Management is a stable foundation that allows flexibility and efficiency because it is designed to be that way. All the data from every channel and from one end to the other is stored in a centralized database that is secure and accessible for immediate analysis of a fluent situation. Information is accurate and up to date because all the facts are there. A product lifecycle, a vendor’s history, any supply chain variables and more are available in as much detail as needed. This provides a stable base for adapting to sudden problems like hurricanes or civil unrest in pertinent areas.
Tools that are part of ChainDrive Operations Management today include:
- Reporting and analysis of employee productivity
- Current status, historical considerations, comparisons, and tracking of store performance indicators
- Multi-level comparative sales analysis that includes situational variables
- Creation of store budgets and sales targets, deployment, and monitoring
- Marketing action tools that leverage current CRM data
- Exception reporting and configurable settings in discount monitoring and loss prevention
- Inventory controls that monitor cycle counts, activity, and physical inventories
- Many more features that retailers, wholesalers, and warehouse managers have requested
These tools have been designed by experience and added as ChainDrive clients have requested custom features. When the customized development looks like a good idea, it gets added to the platform.
The Reason Why ChainDrive Has Stability
Since the teams that design and build the software are part of the ChainDrive/Multidev family, customizing it for specific situations is not a problem. They know what can be done and they know how to do it. The centralized data management, configurable settings, key performance metrics, optimized inventory tools, dynamic analytics & reporting are standard in today’s Operations Management software. But when new things come into the picture, the decades of experience in adapting to change give ChainDrive a distinct advantage that is passed on to our clients.
With the stability of ChainDrive today, operations management can deal successfully with whatever comes up tomorrow.