The Epic Task of Operations Management
The task of an operations manager is epic. It doesn’t matter if you are in charge of a vast chain of stores or a single location because the job encompasses the entire scope of operations across every channel and from one end of the supply chain to the other. That’s why retail management software designed for operations management is so essential.
Tools for the Task
All the data regarding employees, pricing, stock levels, accounts, customer preferences, and more must be accessible in real time. Both historic patterns and current dynamics are necessary for intelligent decisions and effective action. ChainDrive’s centralized database provides the foundation for access of specific information. But you need the right tools to use that data. The tools to boost productivity, increase efficiency, and streamline processes are found in ChainDrive’s retail management software:
- Employee productivity analysis and reporting
- Store performance indicators and reporting on current status, historical considerations, comparisons, and tracking
- Superior operations manager
- Multi-level comparative sales analysis comprising features that take into consideration such things as new and/or closed stores
- Discount monitoring offering exception reporting and configurable settings
- Store budgets and sales target creation, deployment, and monitoring
- Marketing action tools that leverage your CRM data
- Loss prevention and discrepancy exception-based reporting
- Inventory controls, including cycle counts, physical inventories, and activity monitoring
Precision for Professionals
Professional retailers need precise tools for their epic task. For example, the Operations Management component includes a Store Performance tool that gives accurate, detailed information on each store in a chain. Key performance indicators are used to analyze store data on items like checkout, sell-thru, stock, comparative contributions, gross margins, etc. This allows an overview that can zoom in on the precise area of interest. Determining future strategy is simplified.
It doesn’t matter how big your retail business is today. If you want to be profitable tomorrow, you need the professional tools for the task that lies ahead. ChainDrive offers those tools in its Operations Management software component.