The Holiday Season Needs Web Order Fulfillment
Forget “Black Friday” — the retail holiday season has started. The National Retail Federation estimates that 57% of holiday shoppers are already making dents in their lists. Many of these shoppers are using the internet to find exactly what they are looking for, and that is why retailers need to be utilizing high-end web order fulfillment software.
Consider these findings of the NRF survey:
- 46% of holiday shopping (both browsing and buying) will be done online
- 21.4% of smartphone owners plan to buy online using their device
- 46.7% of buyers look for free shipping or shipping promotions before purchase
- 55.8% of holiday shoppers buy for themselves and shop for non-gift items
Retailers Must Be Prepared For Online Buyers
Each year, the number of online shoppers grows. Retailers who are prepared to meet the expectations of these shoppers will be able to fill web orders from any location and consolidate these orders for pickup at a store or direct ship to the buyer’s preferred location.
The factor that makes web order fulfillment possible is software — software designed to provide complete visibility of inventory across all channels, giving real-time updates on status and location.
Consider these features of ChainDrive’s Web Order Fulfillment component:
- Fill Web orders from any combination of warehouse and/or store locations
- Set conditions that will automatically pull from nearest location
- Track all fulfillment requests, current status and location including in-transit
- Apply rules to select items from locations with the most inventory and/or slowest rate of sales (forecasted weeks of supply)
- Either consolidate item(s) at a centralized DC or direct ship from location, transfer requests can be initiated automatically
- Provide your business with effective supply chain solutions
- Simple warehouse orders management
- Cross-channel carrier integration
- Optional API’s include; External Logistics, Payment Processor, 3rd Party warehouse & distribution providers
That list cites the standard features of the software, but ChainDrive offers Professional Services so clients are assured of getting exactly what they are looking for. Getting what you are looking for is the goal of holiday shopping and it should be the goal of your software, too.