8 Ways to Cure the Point-of-Sale Blues
The point of sale is a critical component on any retail operation. If it’s inefficient and clunky, it can affect the entire operation. It can even diminish your profit margins and returns. That’s why it is important to get it right.
The following eight tips will help you optimize the point-of-sale experience for your customers, your employees, and your retail operation.
- Personalize your mobile POS – Mobile point of sale is becoming increasingly more important as more people make purchases on their smartphones. With personalized mobile point-of-sale interaction with your customers, you can increase sales and operate more efficiently.
- Real-time product lookup – Every employee, and customers, should be able to look up your merchandise and find it immediately.
- Credit and debit integrations – No longer are customers confined to the cash register. You need to integrate credit and debit cards with all payment processors including Square and Stripe, online payment processors, and kiosks.
- Improve customer relationship management – Be flexible in your customer information capture without sacrificing important details. You can fully integrate this process with your CRM solution.
- Transparent promotional rules – Customers like to research their products before they purchase them today. If you’re transparent in your promotional rules, you’re more likely to get the sale. Don’t be pushy, but make a reasonable and fair offer and customers will buy it.
- Manage your workforce – Modern point-of-sale systems are more than just a place to take customer money. It’s a place where you can manage your workforce, schedule tasks and attendance, and track and monitor commissions and bonuses.
- Support gift certificates, gift cards, and registries – Get paid the way customers prefer to pay. If you accept gift cards and certificates, make them a part of your point-of-sale transactions. Gift registries can also be integrated into your POS system.
- Integrate special orders, layaways, and product exchanges – Your customers know they have options. They will buy your merchandise if your POS system is flexible, allowing them to pay with their preferred payment method. That includes credit, layaway, special orders, and exchanges. Present more options and increase your sales.
The modern point-of-sale environment should be flexible and efficient. With ChainDrive, it can be.