Mobile Point of Sale for Sporting Goods Stores
Now that football season has kicked off in the U.S., let’s talk about how sporting goods stores can use the mobile point of sale to improve customer service.
For starters, everyone knows that sporting goods sales are seasonal-driven. Every sport has its season. During off-season, players either play another sport or take a vacation. Fans are likely watching other sports. Retailers just move on to sell what’s in season. The key to successfully profiting from your inventory is to manage your products with seasons in mind.
While all of that is true, we still live in a highly technological environment where customers have high expectations and make incredible demands. Having a mobile point of sale system can make your retail chain more efficient and your customer service more profitable. Here are five ways how.
- Sales associates can search for products customers are asking for with their handheld devices. No need to walk across the store to the POS to look a product up. You can look it up in your hand.
- Upselling and cross-selling is easier. Not only can your employees look up products more efficiently, but they can also look up the customer on the spot and see that customer’s buying history. Make product suggestions based on the customer and their interests.
- Close sales on the floor. Why make the customer walk to the cash register at the front of the store when you can search for the product, pull up the customer’s information, and close the sale right there with your mobile phone on aisle 9?
- Let the customer do their own searching. You can set up store kiosks, which are essentially tablets, throughout your store and let the customer find their own products.
- Make your customer interactions more personal. Thanks to mobile point of sale, all of your customer interactions can be more personal and more rewarding. The customer wins, your employees win, and your sporting goods retail chain wins.
Mobile point of sale will make your entire operation more efficient and more profitable. Touchdown!