Why Mobile POS is Essential for Retailers
Whether you operate a regional fashion retail chain or a local sporting goods store, mobile point-of-sale (POS) terminals are increasingly becoming more and more essential. The reason is quite simple. People are buying things through mobile phones and doing so in increasing numbers.
Mobile commerce has grown to be such a large part of the global retail sector that 1.6 billion people are now buying through their mobile phones. On top of that, 19% of U.S. retail e-commerce business is done through mobile. That was in 2017. It’s probably more than that now.
5 Ways Mobile POS Makes You a Better Retailer
Mobile POS makes good retailers better. Here are five ways you can use mobile POS to become a better retailer:
- Mobile POS empowers your sales associates – With mobile POS, your sales associates can look for products while roaming your store, and they can ring up customers on the spot. No need to make your customers wait in line to check out.
- Customize customer engagement – When your customers have their own personal login, you can personalize your engagement with them. Every transaction can center around the individual needs of each customer.
- Sell more product – Since you know what your customers are buying and searching for, you can up-sell and cross-sell your merchandise more effectively.
- Increase employee productivity – Since your employee can search for products and customer information, and ring customers up on the space wherever they are on the sales floor, they can be more productive. They won’t spend hours running back and forth from the cash register to the merchandise rack.
- Improve customer relations – Nothing is more important than customer relationships. It’s the lifeblood of your retail business. When you increase customer engagement, make it easier to check out, and sell more products based on customer interest, you’ll make your customer relationships better and they’ll return more often.
Not only does mobile POS improve your customer’s retail experience on their mobile devices, but it will keep them returning to your brick-and-mortar stores too. Mobile POS is the future of retail.