10 Features of Warehouse Management You Need Now
Warehouse management is one of the behind-the-scenes essentials in retailing. Without a properly managed warehouse, the entire supply chain suffers because the flow of operations gets bottlenecked at a point of dysfunction. If the inventory doesn’t make it to the shelves, or the order isn’t properly filled and shipped, customers go someplace else.
In today’s retail environment, the lines between warehouse and storefront are blurred by the omnichannel shopper. This reality makes it vitally important that a warehouse be effectively managed from layout of the facilities to the shipments out the door and everything in between.
What Do Warehouse Management Systems Need?
They need good software that has features that can be customized to fit the specific situation and professional support services that are available when they need it. If the ability to customize isn’t there, your operation will be less than optimal since it isn’t specific enough for your needs. If the support services are only open M-F during business hours in one time zone, problems accumulate and grow while waiting for an answer.
Here are ten basic features of the ChainDrive Warehouse Management System:
- Warehouse layout tools, including bin assignment and asset management
- Advanced shipping notification and EDI compatibility
- Appointment scheduling for receipts
- Handheld wireless capability for efficient pick, pack and ship
- Exceptional WMS Software
- Bulk, pre-pack and break-pack capabilities
- Multiple pick, pack and ship methods, including precise status tracking
- Cross-dock processing for inter-store transfers
- Wave-based distribution for wholesalers
- Real-time warehouse status and productivity reporting
You don’t have to let your warehouse operations keep your business from its potential success by bottlenecks and dysfunction. Utilize the power of an effective solution with ChainDrive now.