10 Ways Footwear Retailers Can Win Online
If you are a smaller business, you should be reading things like Search Engine Journal because there is a wealth of advice on the site for those seeking to improve their online presence. For example, Roger Montti recently wrote that an analysis of 50 retailers reveals 10 ways to beat big brands. Since footwear retailers are definitely competing with online giants for customers it makes sense to give this analysis a look. In short, these are all related to what your online site and store are like to use:
- Page speed can directly affect conversions because faster sites are easier to shop.
- Payment options that are easy to see give confidence about completing transactions.
- Inventory notification alerts add a push to buy now before it’s gone.
- Live chat available during business hours makes personal connections immediately.
- Customer ability to create a wish list brings browsers back to buy.
- Click to call lets someone looking you up on their phone easily call to ask questions.
- The initial setting for sort function lets shoppers find what they are looking for.
- Filter options that are easy to use further enhance the browsing experience.
- Question and answer feature answers their questions and alerts you to issues.
- Shopping and checkout buttons should be easy to see and difficult to confuse.
Customer experience is always important for footwear retailers because shoes have to fit the foot or there are pain points that prevent comfortable wear. Managing a footwear business has pain points where something doesn’t fit, too. Things like inventory & product management, replenishment & allocation, seasonal assortments, and accurate analysis of size performance need software that fits the unique specifications of the footwear retailer.
The way a customer experiences your site reflects the adequacy of your data infrastructure to keep up with the demand of multiple channels. Things like wish lists, real-time inventory status, and accurate product descriptions are all data. Centralized inventory data provides the ability to pull an order from one location and ship it to another without a hitch. Poor data handling shows up in poor customer experiences and results in poor sales.
ChainDrive Footwear provides the platform you need to build your business upon. This solid foundation gives you the edge you need to stand out amongst the competition and stay ahead.