5 Ways to Improve Apparel Retailing
Your apparel retail store can be run more efficiently with the right operational software. From product allocation to performance management, here are five distinct ways to improve your apparel-related retail operations.
- Smart product assortment – Sorting your apparel lines can be a huge task in itself. Each of your fashion styles and products can have multiple SKUs that are so similar it’s easy to get them mixed up. For instance, a dress of a certain make by a certain manufacturer could come in a multitude of different colors, each one with a SKU that could just be one number off. Being able to sort them out easily is a necessity.
- Intelligent allocation – When you add to the complexity of product assortment the nature of merchandise allocation, it can even be more challenging. How many of each of those SKUs do you need to send to each store? The right operational solution can help you sort that out quickly and efficiently.
- Product analysis – Metrics is a must in any retail operation. For fashion retailers, you’ve got to be able to analyze each SKU and know how much you are selling, how much you have on hand, and where it is located.
- Automated replenishment – Set your own rules for replenishment so that each product in your inventory is ordered well enough in advance that you can have it in the store and on the shelf ready to buy at just the right time. Whether you are talking about seasonal inventories or between season inventories, you’ve got to get your product on the shelf as quickly as possible so you can reap the ROI.
- Performance management – Tracking and monitoring your employees and their productivity is essential if you are going to pay them for what they’ve earned and budget your commissions and sales properly.
It all boils down to the right operations solution. As an apparel retailer, you have unique needs that must be addressed for operational efficiency and profitability. That’s why ChainDrive is here.