6 Home Decor Retail Details You Can Manage Better
Home decor retailers have special challenges that can be addressed with a centralized retail operations management solution. Here are six management challenges that any home decor retailer can address to increase profits, customer retention, and employee happiness.
- POS optimization – The point of sale is where the customer meets the retailer. To fully optimize your point-of-sale system, you need to sync it with store prices, program your discounts and promotions, and ensure all of your inventory is cataloged and accounted for.
- Customer relationships – Managing customer relationships is one of the biggest challenges for any retailer. For home decor retailers, you must be able to see past purchases, manage warranties, and keep personal information that helps you market to and understand your customers better.
- Web order fulfillment – In the 21st century, you’ve got to be able to fulfill orders through multiple channels. That includes your website and other seller channels such as Amazon fulfillment. If you sell through a mobile app, you’ve got to ensure your fulfillment practices take that into account. And if you allow web orders to be delivered, that’s another challenge to manage. Make sure you get it right if you want to grow your retail chain.
- Specialty orders – Home decor customers have their unique tastes. When you’re buying for your home, you have to be discriminatory, and most home decor buyers are. Specialty orders help you get specific items your customers want to make their homes cozier.
- Promotions, warranties, other product issues – Many home decor items are expensive and come with warranties and extended warranties. They may even have insurance products available for them. You need a way to manage warranties, promotions, price changes, and inventory in a way that doesn’t interfere with business.
- Sales commissions – If you want to compensate your employees fairly, you need a commissions engine that can figure how much each employee should be paid based on draws, salaries, commissions, and bonuses. Integrate your accounting department to work with your compensation packages so that your employees are as happy as your customers are.
Home decor retailers have many challenges. Those challenges are easy to manage with the right operations management solution.