How Boot Retailers Can Profit Toe to Heel
Boot retailers are popular all over the U.S. In some parts of the country, industrial work boots are the norm. In other parts, the Southwest, for instance, cowboy boots are popular. In fact, throughout Texas, you can find cowboy boot retailers with incredible frequency–almost like fast food restaurants.
If your retail business specializes in boots, you can use technology to increase your profit potential and market share. Here’s how:
- Intelligent size analysis – You won’t sell many boots if you don’t get the right size for the right customer. Being able to analyze your size needs and respond to those quickly, you’ll increase your sales, and, along with it, your revenues.
- Automatic replenishment and allocation – Instead of paying someone to order, buy, and allocate your products, set your parameters and do it automatically. You’ll stay in stock with the right products at the right stores and at the right prices. Then you can use your employees to make more sales.
- Manage your inventory – There are a large variety of boots. Boot manufacturers come in many shapes and sizes, as do the boots. So make sure you manage your inventory well in order to keep the right stock on the right shelves. If it isn’t on a shelf, it won’t sell.
- Manage employee productivity – If you pay your employees commissions and bonuses based on how much they sell, this is critical. You need a way of tracking productivity. It’s also a good idea to track the performance of your warehouse staff so you can be more efficient at that level.
- Plan for the seasons – Do you sell more boots in the summer or the winter? Do you sell a certain type of boot more in the winter? Know your seasons and plan your inventory accordingly.
- Custom sizing – If you make custom boots or order custom sizes, you should be able to track and monitor your customers based on their boot sizes. It doesn’t need to be difficult.
Your boot retail store can grow more profitable with the right operations solution. Make it fit your needs.