How Effective Are Your Internal Communications?
Communication within an organization is important. As the organization becomes larger and more complicated, the importance of internal communication grows exponentially. Integrated Internal Messaging — or IIM — is the next generation of collaborative tools for retailers. This tool increases internal communication and collaboration by empowering the workforce with the ability to connect within the organization as easily as they connect with friends.
ChainDrive IIM has been developed in response to the recognition of certain pain points within an enterprise:
The painful realization that store associates need to be able to provide superior service by having real-time information that is accurate and specific.
- The painful recollection of important messages that never were opened or read by the recipient because there was not an adequate new message/read receipt system in place.
- The painful limitation of a message system that cannot accommodate the size of necessary attachments or text.
- The painful multiplication of steps required to notify appropriate parties within the operation of actions taken in a particular transaction.
- The painful necessity of manually targeting specific messages to individuals or groups while maintaining accuracy.
- The painful inability to segment specific groups or channels that require broadcasted messages.
The painful inadequacy of legacy communication systems that are not ready for the challenge of today’s mobile devices.
- The painful lack of communication within a workforce that already utilizes instant connections outside the workplace.
- The painful switching back and forth between internal and external applications that do not share a local database for future use and reference.
These pain points are some of the many issues that ChainDrive Integrated Internal Messaging is designed to resolve. Point of Sales environments do not typically have built-in messaging applications but Point of Sales situations often require instant communication so that staff can provide intelligent customer service immediately.
For example, a snag in web order fulfillment may occur if questions arise during the assembly of the complete order. A quick internal message would provide instant verification or correction and the order would be processed correctly and efficiently without delay.
ChainDrive IIM connects the people within every channel of a multi-channel business with the information that enables them to do their job and the fellow team members who can support them in doing their job well.