How Eyewear Retailers Can Retain 20/20 Vision
Eyewear retailers have a special relationship with their customers. Once a person needs glasses, they’ll require them for the rest of their lives. If you take care of your customers, you’ll keep them for life. But there is competition, so you have to take care of your customers.
The best way to maintain 20/20 vision and know your operations backwards and forwards is to invest in an operations solution that helps you manage every aspect of your retail business. Here’s where you can start:
- Manage your inventory – Inventory management for eyewear specialists involves more than keeping up with quantities. You need a system that can manage multiple SKUs and keep you in stock on the most popular eyewear products on the market.
- Track work orders and repairs – Repairs are a very important part eyewear retailing. Glasses break. And not just the lenses. Many times, customers come in with eyeglass frames that are bent, nose pads that are off-center, broken bridges, or loose screws on the temple hinges. If eyeglass repair is a part of your core business, you need a system that can help you manage the process from end to end.
- Store eye exam results – If you perform eye exams on your customers, you need to store the results.
- Maintain warranties and insurance claims – Eyeglasses are expensive items. Warranties and insurance help your customers feel secure with their purchases. By keeping records of these documents, you maintain positive relationships with your customers and are able to meet their needs more efficiently.
- Promotions and price management – You need a centralized way to manage your product prices and marketing promotions. A good operations solution makes this easy.
Eyewear specialists are a dime a dozen, and with the U.S. population aging, the future is bright for this retail sector. You’ll be more competitive if you streamline your processes now to prepare for the boom.