Making Local Connections In Sporting Goods Retail
In order to be competitive and stay competitive, sporting goods retailers must be connected. Having an online presence is important because even locals will visit your site and you can connect with potential customers all over the world. But the local connections you make can give you an edge over the competition because their loyalty can give you an advantage over even the biggest online retailers.
How Do The Locals See Your Business?
If you have managed to connect with local teams by carrying their uniforms and equipment, the level of service you provide is important. Along with carrying the needed sizes, you can be a source of expertise for those coming into your store.
- Staff should be knowledgeable about the sport, the equipment, and how to fit the various sizes you offer.
- Make it clear that if you don’t carry something like a foreign team’s jersey, you can order what they are looking for.
- Provide the impulse buys for the fans of the teams — if you can’t officially put their logos on products, at least carry water bottles, sports chairs, and the like in the various team colors.
- Sponsor local teams by donating something so your brand can be put up along the field or on the back of a jersey.
- Make your website a source of evergreen content of interest to your customer base, from how to store equipment to how to get stains out of uniforms to links that will be useful.
- Look up your store on a variety of devices so you see what the user sees and can fix what you don’t like.
How Efficient Is Your Data Management?
The data infrastructure you use determines how well your business can deal with the details. Seasonal product management, serialization, repair tickets, inventory management, and the ability to analyze trends are all essential to your success. Sporting goods retailers deal with lots of details, so ChainDrive’s retail management solution for sporting goods retailers has the tools to manage all your data efficiently and streamline processes.
The Sporting Goods component is designed specifically for the challenges of keeping your business competitive. Our professional support team can even customize your application so that unique, specific features are added. This attention to detail is how ChainDrive has stayed competitive and we give you the software tools that will enable you to connect with your local customers effectively and stay in the game.