Should Home Decor Retailers Offer Services?
Many big-name home decor retailers offer in-home design services. Do you? Maybe that is not possible for your present circumstances, but what services could you offer to your customers so that they think of your store and website as places to be?
- Set up stations on your sales floor with design software so associates can help customers visualize their room and custom order pieces.
- Keep track of warranties and offer to notify customers of any recalls along with help to comply with the recall protocol.
- Offer a repair or upholstery service or have a list of recommended local companies who would be able to provide the services your customers need.
- Provide a curated list of helpful articles and resources on your website that fit with your store’s niche.
- If you sell appliances, consider a few hands-on spaces where customers can test drive the higher end features and get excited about owning one.
These services are nice extras that can make your business attractive to customers but they are useless without the basics that all retailers must offer.
Two Services Home Decor Retailers Must Offer
Customer service and highly trained staff who are motivated to do their job well are non-negotiable services you must provide in order to have a successful home decor business. These two also go hand in hand. Customer service representatives must be knowledgeable and able to resolve issues quickly. That means they must have the power to do something besides sympathize with the unhappy customer. Complaints are a great source of insight for improvement, too. Pay attention to what your customer service representatives suggest. When you listen to your customers, they tell you what services they’d like to see.
Highly trained staff are the face of your business. Home Decor retailers often must make deliveries of bulky items and the people who carry those items into the house make a lasting impression on the customer. If your delivery staff leave a bad impression, the hard work of your sales staff has been damaged. Every person on your payroll is an important part of your team and their functions mesh like gears to power your business.
The way your data infrastructure meshes is equally important. The type of software platform you use equips your staff to provide the services your customers are looking for. With ChainDrive Home Decor, tasks like specialty orders, warranties, and more are easily accomplished.